Southside Office: 01 516 3000 |

Northside Office: 01 548 9888 |

Cost of Homecare for Elderly




If you would like a member of our home care team to contact you regarding a quote for any of the home care services listed on our website, please fill out all the fields below. A member of staff will then get back to you on the details you have provided as soon as possible.

We often receive requests from clients wondering just exactly how much it costs for Home Care Services for Elderly Patients. By providing as much details as possible in the below form we can tell you how much a home care package will cost you.


    Companionship ServicesPrivate Home HelpHomemaking ServicesPost Hospital CarePersonal Home CareOvernight Home CareLive in Home CareRespite Home CareDementia Home CareHome Care Training


    Google SearchWord of MouthSocial MediaRepeat BusinessReviewsOther

    Info on Tax Relief for Home Care

    Source: Citizens Information Website

    You can claim tax relief on the cost of employing a carer either if you employ one for yourself, or for another family member.

    You can employ the carer directly or you can use an agency that employs carers. If you employ the carer yourself, you should register as an employer and you will be responsible for your employee's tax and social insurance (PAYE, Universal Social Charge and PRSI). You will also have other duties and obligations as an employer, for example regarding hours of workcontracts of employmentpay slipsholidays and the minimum wage.

    If you pay an agency to provide the carer, the agency will employ the carer and be responsible for their tax and social insurance etc. You can still claim tax relief on the cost of paying the agency to provide a carer.

    If you employ a carer for yourself or on behalf of a family member, you can claim the tax relief on the cost of that care. A family member is a spouse, civil partner, child or a relative, including a relation by marriage or civil partnership.

    The person being cared for must be totally incapacitated for the complete tax year (January to December) in which you are claiming the tax relief but the carer does not have to be employed for the full tax year. The term totally incapacitated means that the person being cared for is disabled and requires a carer.

    Tax allowances and reliefs reduce the amount of tax that you have to pay. The amount by which a tax allowance/relief will reduce your tax depends on your rate of tax. You can find out more about how your income tax is calculated.

    You can claim tax relief (at your highest rate) on the lower of the following two amounts:

    • The actual cost incurred or
    • The maximum deduction of €75,000

    The maximum amount of relief for employing a carer is €75,000 in 2018 (It was €75,000 in 2017, 2016 and 2015 and €50,000 in 2014). You must claim the relief each year. You can get tax relief on the cost of employing a carer, less any amount recovered from the Health Service Executive (HSE). If two or more of you pay for the care, the relief is divided between you in proportion to the amount each paid.



    Southside Office

    The Little John Centre, 122A Cromwellsfort Road, Walkinstown, Dublin, D12 KT62

    Northside Office

    8 Finglas Road, Cabra East, Dublin, D11 DT44


    SouthSide Office: 01 516 3000
    NorthSide Office: 01 548 9888
    Fax: 01 516 3003

    Care for Me Homecare – Southside

    Care for Me Homecare – Northside

    Excellence Ireland Quality

    Association Member

    Opening Hours

    Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 17:00

    Appointment Booking